Mountain Marathon Kit List
Mountain Marathons encourage self-reliance and decision making. You need to use your experience, understanding of the conditions you’re heading into and sound mountain judgement to decide what kit setup to take with you.
The golden rule when choosing kit for the mountains is if you were to go static on hill and had to wait for assistance for a number of hours, would the kit you are carrying keep you safe.
OMM MANDATORY MINIMUM EQUIPMENT LIST
Each individual and team is responsible for being properly equipped for two days unsupported racing in exposed terrain at the end of October.
This list should be seen as a minimum requirement only. Check the weather forecast, your previous experience and use sound judgement for the kit you should be wearing and carrying. The organisers reserve the right to disqualify any competitors who, in their opinion, do not have the necessary kit to survive in an emergency situation. Cotton clothing is not suitable.
EACH COMPETITOR MUST WEAR OR CARRY THE FOLLOWING.
- Taped waterproof jacket with hood (Kamleika or Aether Jacket)
- Taped waterproof trousers (Kamleika Pants)
- Clothing suitable for mountain running and walking
- Spare base layer top
- Spare full leg cover
- Warm layer top
- Hat, Gloves & Socks
- Footwear designed for trail and fell use (eg. Salomon, Inov8, Walsh)
- Head torch capable of giving useable light for a minimum of 12 hours
- Whistle & Compass
- Map (provided at the event)
- Insulated Sleeping bag
- First aid equipment (Lifesystems Nano)
- Pen/pencil and paper capable of being used in wet conditions
- Survival bag (not a sheet)
- Emergency rations
- Water carrying capability
Spare warm kit and insulated sleeping bag must be waterproofed (i.e. in a drybag)